Aadhar Card: As a citizen of India, we all have heard about Aadhar card. But, do you exactly know what Aadhar Card is all about? If not, then here, we are going to discuss all the important details about Aadhar card.
After all, it’s our responsibility to know every inch of our own identification document issued by our government. Now, let’s get into the details of it. But before that, we need to know what an Aadhar card is?
What Is An Aadhar Card?
Well, Aadhar Card is nothing that is complicated. It is simply a 12-digit unique identification number assigned to every individual of India. It is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) which is the central government agency of India. It is one of the biggest national identification number projects initiated by the government of India. Your Aadhar Card not only serves as a proof of identity and address but also provides you with many other benefits.
The unique thing that makes Aadhar different from other identity documents is that it contains your biometric information like your iris scan and fingertips. This project was initiated with the sole objective of having a single unique identification document for every citizen of India. Unlike voter Ids, you can apply for an Aadhar card even for a kid of just 1 year age. The enrolment process is absolutely free of cost and needs to be done voluntarily. Keep in mind that you can do the enrolment only once.
You may be Interested in Pay Income Tax Online
Features of An Aadhar-Card
These are some of the unique features of an Aadhar-card that you should know:
- It is India’s first identity card which has all the proof of identity. The information includes address, birth, age, demographic and even biometric information like your iris scan, fingerprints all at one place.
- Unlike another government document, you can apply for the Aadhar Card even for an infant.
- The enrolment for an Aadhar number is free but you can apply only once.
- Aadhar card is valid and is accepted as an identification proof all over India.
- Aadhar card gives you a lot of facilities. The facilities include the availability of LPG subsidy, opening a bank account, get a new mobile number, train travel and also some other benefits.
- Aadhar is the only document which has nationwide portability, as anyone can download and authenticate it anywhere online.
You may like: PNR Status
Importance of Aadhar-Card
Since the initiation of the Aadhar card project, its importance is increasing constantly to quite an extent. At this rate of increasing importance, it is not hard to assume that in the near future, Aadhar card will not just be useful. It may also become mandatory for availing benefits and applying for any government services or schemes. These are some of the reasons why an Aadhar card is important:
- Availability of LPG Subsidy through Aadhar-Card: According to the PAHAL Scheme started by the government, a person can link his Aadhar-card to his bank account. This would help him in availing the LPG subsidy directly to his bank account. A consumer without an Aadhar card may not be able to avail of this benefit.
- Aadhar Card Must For Passport: Recently, it was declared by the government that the Aadhar-card is mandatory for the issuance of a new passport. If you do not have an Aadhar-card, then you cannot have the privilege for the issuance of a passport. Check Passport Seva Kendra Information and Passport Renewal Process.
- Aadhar Card as Digital ID Proof: All the details including the biometrically verified identity of an Aadhar holder is stored online at secure online servers. It can use to verify and confirm the identification of the particular individual.
- Aadhar Card Is Must for Buying a New Vehicle: According to the recent announcement by the Andhra Pradesh Government, an Aadhar card is necessary to buy any kind of vehicle within the state. It is also important to gain a driving license.
- Aadhar Card to Get a New Sim Card: The government of India is trying to make it mandatory to have an Aadhar-card for getting a new sim card. If this becomes valid, then a person without a valid Aadhar card will not be able to get a new sim card.
- Aadhar Card Vital for Government Employees: The Modi government has decided to use the Aadhar-card in maintaining the attendance record of the government employees. This will prevent the employees from cheating on their attendance.
- Download Aadhar Card Online: The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has provided the enrollees of downloading the Aadhar card online from anywhere. With all the identification details printed on your Aadhar card, it will become easy to verify and confirm your identification for any required process.
Leaving aside these above-mentioned uses, Aadhar-card is already used for many other purposes throughout the country. This includes the registration of marriage, property registration, applying for PAN card, admission in schools and colleges, and much more.
Benefits and Uses of Aadhar-Card
While some of the uses of Aadhar card are publicized by the government. But, there still remains a few other uses or rather benefits of Aadhar which many do not know. But for your knowledge, we have highlighted those points below:
- Universal Identity Card: Aadhar card serves as a universal card whose purpose is still not been specified. Like a voter ID can be used for taking part in the electoral process, Aadhar was not created for any such use. But still, it can be used for a number of purposes which makes it a universally accepted card issued by the government. Like for example, you can use your Aadhar as a proof of identity, address and even age when you are applying for any government job or service.
- Availing Of Subsidies: The government has made this a rule that an Aadhar card holder can avail any kind of subsidies for which he/she is eligible. Without having the Aadhar Card, the person to register or enroll himself for the same. Like for example, the governments has introduced the scheme of LPG subsidy. According to the scheme, a person with an LPG connection can link his Aadhar card with his bank account. This will help him to avail the LPG subsidy directly to his linked bank account. This process avoids the rise of any false claim of benefits and fraudulent.
- Ease of Availability: As of now, Aadhar is the only government document which is available anywhere. You can even apply for an Aadhar card online. The e-Aadhar-card makes it easy for the people to gain access to their Aadhar and download it whenever and wherever they require. This makes it possible for every individual to always have a copy of Aadhar with themselves. This also reduces the chance of the original document being misplaced or stolen.
- Aadhar Card in Government Process: When it comes to KYC, an Aadhar-card serves as a very important document for the verification of identification purposes. Below are some of the ways, the process of which can be speeded up by the use of Aadhar-card:
- Acquisition Of Passport
- Opening Bank Accounts
- Digital Life Certificate
- Receipt Of Monthly Pension
- Jan Dhan Yojna
- Disbursing Provident Fund
- LPG subsidy
Now, that you know about the importance and the benefits one can avail from holding an Aadhar card. Hopefully, you won’t make the mistake of not applying for it if you don’t have one. And for people, who already have it, may enjoy the benefits of the same. Become a sensible citizen and apply for you Aadhar card today.