Challan 280: What is Challan 280? What can you do with Challan 280? You will be wondering about various questions related to challan 280. Don’t worry, here we will provide you complete information about Challan 280.
With the help of Challan 280, you will be able to pay your Income Tax Online from the Income Tax Website. By following this method, you will not require any chartered accountant or any of the resources to pay Income Tax for you. As we all know that, many of the employees pay income tax on behalf of their employees, so all the salaried class doesn’t need to pay Income Tax.
What is Challan 280? How can you pay your Income Tax using this form?
Challan 280 form is used to pay the Income Tax. Here in this form, you have to provide all of your required details either online or offline in order to pay your Income Tax.
Procedure to Pay Income Tax Online
Step by Step procedure to pay Income Tax Online is given below:
- Open the Official website of Income Tax Department. To visit, click on Pay your Income Tax Online.
- Now, you will be able to view different challans, select Challan 280 from it.
- As soon as you click on it, you will be able to view a form.
- Here, all the individuals have to select, “Income Tax (Other than companies) and then select the Assessment year properly.
- Now, you have to enter all the required information in the form. Verify the information twice before you pay your Income Tax. Select the type of payment and mode of payment.
- Here you can Select Self-Assessment Tax or Advance Tax as per your requirement. You pay Self-Assessment tax of the last year and Advance Tax is a tax that you are paying for the current financial year in advance.
- Lastly, you have to enter the Captcha code as shown in the image and then click on “Proceed”.
- Now, you will be redirected to the bank’s website, here enter all of your bank details and then check them twice before making payment.
- As soon as you have made the payment, you will receive an Email and also you will be able to download the copy of the form in PDF format.
Procedure to Pay Income Tax Offline
Follow the simple steps listed below:
- First and foremost, visit the official website of Income Tax and then download the Challan 280.
- Now, you have to provide details such as PAN number, Email address, Residential address, Mobile number, Assessment Number, etc.
- Now, you have to carry the amount of Income Tax that you have to pay to the bank and Pay your Income Tax.
Income Tax Payment can be done on following taxes
- Advance Tax
- Outstanding Tax Demand Payment
All the people whose yearly tax is more than Rs 10,000 they should pay Income Tax in Advance. Currently, for all the salaried person, the employer cuts the Income tax of the employee under the TDS Scheme.
How to calculate the Advance Tax?
Calculate your Total Income: Add Income from various sources like salary income, interest income, capital gains, etc. that is required while filing the Income-tax Return.
Freelancers have to subtract their Expenses: All the freelancers are allowed to subtract all of their expenses from their receipt. They can subtract expenses such as internet bill, mobile bill, workplace rent, etc.
Allow Deductions: You can subtract all the deductions that you want to claim on return. Also, the deductions that are mentioned under section 80C, 80D, 80E.
Calculate Tax due on Total Income: Here, you can use the latest Income tax slab rates on your taxable income in order to calculate total income tax due. Also, you can decrease any TDS that you have deducted from Total Tax Due. Please be sure that you are paying tax as per these installations. You can pay this income tax online.
Self- Assessment Tax
You can’t submit your Income Tax Return unless and until you have filed all the Income tax dues are full. During certain times, you will see tax payable while filing Income Tax Return. You should pay this tax online so that your return is successfully e-filed afterward. However, Interest under section 234B and 234C should also be paid with your tax due, if you are paying tax after 31st March.
Outstanding Tax Demand Payment
At times, you may have to pay an Income tax payment in order to agree with Income tax notice. Here, if you agree with the respective officer and are ready to pay the demand, such kind of Income Tax can also be paid online.
We hope that you have got all the required information about Challan 280. If you really liked this article, then please share it with your family and friends.