Learning is indeed a never-ending process as there is always something new. There is no doubt that everybody has experienced the importance of learning in some or other way in their lives. As learning is the most important part of every individual’s life, there has always been a need to find out the best possible way of learning. Starting from the ancient time till now, the conventional method of learning is at peak but it has got some merits as well as demerits, which has to be fixed. Thanks to technology, as it could somehow able to eliminate the demerits and enhance the merits of the conventional method of learning. Learning is no more restricted to a particular age group or environment and it can be done anytime, anywhere.
Conventional Method of Learning:
Yes, it has been the most preferred and trusted method of learning for a long time. Generation after generation has witnessed this method of learning as the most effective one.
Here are some pros and cons of the conventional method of learning:
- This is cost effective.
- This is a face to face type of learning.
- Everyone receives the same information at the same time.
- Students can ask doubt instantly to the teacher in the classroom.
- It takes more time to complete a chapter.
- Some students don’t feel comfortable to ask questions in the classroom and hence, they face difficulty while going further in that particular chapter. Hence, sometimes this method is not interactive.
- Understanding about a concept directly depends on how the teacher teaches.
- Students start mugging up and cramming when they fail to understand the concepts of any chapter. This way the base for any particular subject remains weaker and this leads to secure average marks in the competitive level exams like civil services exam, JEE, NEET and much more.
Online Method of Learning:
With the advancement of technology, it has become possible to make almost everything digitized and interestingly education is on the top of the list. Students can now learn with educational applications and it is way more effective than the conventional method of learning.
Here are some pros and cons of the online method of learning:
- This method of learning enables both smart and systematic learning. Learning through an app has the courses arranged in a proper manner such that learning goes in a structured way.
- As students don’t need pen, pencil, notebook and books for studying in this mode of learning, it becomes really easy to study with the help of only one device i.e. a laptop or a mobile phone.
- Study on the go.
- Students can learn according to their own pace.
- Instead of spending hours to learn difficult chapters like Newtons laws of motion, respiration, distillation and much more, one can easily learn them by watching a video of 30 mins.
- With digital education, classroom teachings have become more interactive and fun. Children tend to be more attentive. They are not only listening but also viewing it on the screen which makes their learning all the more effective. Here, sounds and visuals go hand-in-hand which is easy for the child to grasp.
- It is expensive.
- As students get everything at one place, they eventually lose their own creative abilities.
- This learning method may develop a lazy attitude in children. Even for simple problems and homework, they are used to seeking help from the net.
Hence, both the methods of learning have their own cons and pros. Students can follow any of these learning methods as per their own comfort.
Subscribe to Byju’s YouTube video channel to learn with engaging video lectures –