How can Organic Skincare Improve our Skin Barrier
Our skin can be divided into the sebum membrane and “brick wall structure”, which have four functions for skin beauty, including barrier function, moisturizing function, inflammatory response regulation, and sun protection function. Today we would talk about the basic knowledge of skin barrier and how the organic skincare benefits it.
The sebum membrane is a transparent membrane covering the skin surface, also known as the water lipid membrane. It is mainly composed of sweat secreted by sweat glands as the water phase and sebum secreted by sebaceous glands as oil phase. Its main components are ceramide, squalene, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, and lipid.
The role of sebum membrane:
- Moisturizing: prevent the loss of water and electrolyte in the body;
- Protection: defense against external physical and chemical factors and microbial invasion;
- Sunscreen: absorb ultraviolet rays;
- Regulatory role: regulating the inflammatory response.
Once the sebum membrane and the “brick wall structure” are damaged, the skin will lose the barrier function. It will appear aging and even cause a variety of skin diseases.
How to maintain and repair the skin barrier function?
- Use medical skincare products containing ceramide, squalene, linoleic acid, linolenic acid and other components that can repair skin barrier function;
- It is forbidden to use hormone for a long time on the face, and avoid using drugs and cleansers with intense stimulation;
- Pay attention to daily sun protection;
- Based on the guidance of professional dermatologists, skincare and cosmetology should be carried out scientifically and normatively.
Nowadays, as a welcoming skincare product, organic skincare is quite popular. Natural skincare products refer to the products produced by organic farming and processing. At the same time, they must meet the requirements and standards of international or national organic product certification.
What are criteria for organic skincare?
- Organic skin care products must contain natural plant extracts.
- It is not allowed to add artificial perfume, pigment, petrochemical products, and other ingredients that are harmful to the skin.
- The added preservatives and surfactants must be strictly limited.
- Animal experiments and radiation sterilization cannot be used in the manufacturing process.
- Have to provide consumers with full ingredients labeling, biological decomposability of elements, environmental protection recyclability of packaging, social welfare and responsibility of manufacturers, etc.
What are the benefits of using organic skincare products?
Because the organic skincare products can not be added with synthetic pigments, artificial flavors, dimethyl silicone oil, paraffin and any other petroleum compounds, its ingredients are quite safe.
Moreover, the plants cultivated naturally will not damage the soil and the environment. Besides, they are not allowed to be tested on animals, which is green for the environment. The plants produced in this way will contain trace elements, iron, vitamins and other nutrients, which are not only beneficial to the skin but also improves human function and immunity. So the use of organic skin care products is not only environmentally friendly but also safer for itself, compared with ordinary skincare products, it will be more natural.
To sum up, organic skin care products are a more environmentally friendly and natural skin care product. Most of its ingredients are plant extracts. You can choose appropriate organic products according to your skin type and needs. For example, Ausmetics is a professional organic skin care manufacturer. For the past 20 years, Ausmetics has paid great effort in developing natural, safe, and non-sensitive organic skin care. They are equipped with complete quality management and talent development projects, which from the other side, ensure the quality of their products.
Finally, I would like to remind you that it will take time for any kind of skin care product to prove its effectiveness. Organic skin care products are not omnipotent. Their effect will not be as rapid as that of skin care products containing additives, and the sense of use will be gentler and safer. If you want to try some products as a start, Ausmetics would be the right choice.