IRCTC Login: Traveling by train is always an enjoyable experience. Sitting by the window side and enjoying the scenic beauty outside with cold breeze flowing and refreshing your mind. What can be more comforting than this? Most of us prefer traveling by train to different destinations than any other transportation. If you want to have an enjoyable and comforting ride, then there’s no better choice than choosing the Indian Railways. The Indian Railways have progressed tremendously with the passing years. They have done a great job by introducing the system of booking tickets online.
With that facility now, you don’t have to wait for hours in a queue to book your tickets. You can now simply book your tickets just sitting at the ease of your home, via the internet. Not only that, the Indian Railways have come up with a lot of facilities to provide a satisfying journey to its customers, which we will discuss later in this article. All you have to do is login in the official IRCTC website to avail these benefits. Now, before you log into the official page of IRCTC, it is important for you to know about it.
You Can Check Your PNR Status and Spot Your Train – Using Train Number and Journey Station via NTES.
All about IRCTC
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. (IRCTC) is an expanded arm of the Indian Railways which is maintained by the Ministry of Railways. It was established on 27th September 1999 with the sole purpose of upgrading the catering and hospitality services at the stations or trains. The corporate office of which is located in New Delhi and headed by the managing Director. For smooth functioning in all over the country, IRCTC has established 5 Zonal offices at Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, and Secunderabad. IRCTC also promotes a variety of other services like special tour packages and budget hotels along with the development of both domestic and international tourism.
The IRCTC works towards its customer satisfaction. They are committed to bettering their catering and hospitality services. The proof of which is visible in their motto. Their mission quotes, “enhance customer services and facilitation in railway catering, hospitality, travel, and tourism with best industry practices.”
For your convenience, the IRCTC have introduced the facility of booking online tickets. It has become so much easier for everyone just to book their tickets or check their PNR status sitting at the comfort of their homes. The days of standing for hours in a long queue have long gone. Anybody, with an internet connection, can now log in to their official website and avail these facilities. For those who don’t know what to do or how to log in, we have got you covered.
How to Register On IRCTC Website?
To create a new account on IRCTC website that is www.irctc.co.in, you will have to register yourself first. Having an account in IRCTC online can reduce half of your efforts that you used to put in booking your tickets.
If you don’t register or sign up yourself in IRCTC, you will not be able to book your tickets online. Not only that, but you would also be deprived of every other service like checking your PNR status or enquire about the train schedule or availability, premium tatkal booking, etc. Therefore, it is very important for everyone to have an account in IRCTC.
Registering yourself in the IRCTC is a very simple process. For those who do not know what to do, here I have listed the procedure below:
- First, visit the official website of IRCTC and click on the sign-up button. After, you have done that the IRCTC registration form will open up.
- Fill in the important details in the form which includes your: user Id (select a unique id for yourself and check it’s availability), security questions, first/last name, gender, marital status, date of birth, occupation, radar details, email id, mobile number, nationality, and address.
- Once, you have entered all the details click on the submit button.
- After submitting the form, a pop-up will appear saying that your email and mobile number is validated. Click Ok to continue.
- Accept the IRCTC terms and conditions.
- Verify your email and mobile number.
- Once you verify your details, your registration is successful.
Once you have successfully registered yourself in IRCTC, your account will be created. After that, you can log in whenever you want using your user id and password. A person with an account in IRCTC can avail all the services offered by them. They can book tickets, check the availability of seats, cancel a ticket and lot more. They can also get discounts on their tickets. Moreover, having an account in IRCTC save you the torture of standing outside the ticket window. The IRCTC have also launched their mobile app. So people who are not very comfortable using their website can make use of their mobile app. After all, every one of us is very well acquainted with the use of mobile apps.
How to Do IRCTC Login
Here are the steps to do IRCTC Login.
- Go to the official site of IRCTC By Click Here.
- Now you can see the IRCTC Login from.
- Now You have to enter User ID, Password, and Captcha
- Once You fill up all details then click on “Login” button.
- You will get the Welcome Screen of IRCTC after Successfully IRCTC Login.
Objectives of IRCTC
The objectives of IRCTC can be summed up in these following points:
- To establish itself as a customer-friendly
- To commit them towards constant innovation and development.
- To increase their manpower productivity and improve their marketing strategies.
- Upgrade their catering and hospitality services.
- Expand their business opportunities.
- To promote an ethical work culture in the Indian Railways.
- To establish quality management and come up with cost-effective
- To work for the betterment of the environment and preserve the heritage.
Services Provided By the IRCTC
These are the exclusive services provided by the IRCTC:
- Tourism: Over the past few years, the railway tourism has grown drastically. They have undertaken dynamic marketing strategies to provide exclusive tour packages to its customers. For tourism purpose, IRCTC takes full responsibility of providing full train charters, coaches, reserved berth programs through regular trains. Till now IRCTC has been successful in providing such facilities to more than 50,000 customers. Hopefully, in the years to come, they will make more progress and come up with more exclusive services.
- Internet Rail Reservation: With the advancement of internet, people want to avail each and every service online. For the same reason, the IRCTC have also introduced the facility of booking tickets online. All you have to do is login their official website and create an account, and you are all set to roll. For the convenience of its customers, IRCTC has also introduced their new mobile app. With all these facilities, it has become so much easier for people to book their tickets nowadays.
- Non-Railway Segment: IRCTC has also started to cater to non-railway segments like providing the facilities of budget hotels, food kiosk, catering service, guest house, food parks, hotel management, It is being estimated that the non-railway segment is to generate 30% of the total revenue in the near future.
- Food Plazas: Apart from all these above-mentioned services IRCTC also have the plan of setting up over 50 million multi-cuisine food plazas at big railway stations all over the country? The food plazas will all be air-conditioned and have a contemporary decor. Not only that, there will be round the clock service available at a market best price. It seems they are going an extra mile with their services.
- Call Centre: IRCTC has recently set up their call center. All a customer has to do is dial 139 and get all the information from Indian Railways.
IRCTC have undoubtedly committed itself to satisfying its customers with all these amazing facilities. In this competitive world, IRCTC is trying it’s best to improve its marketing strategies to match up with the other companies. And it can be said that they have been really successful in doing so. At this rate, it is sure that their business will flourish tremendously in the near future.