RBI to Introduce Rs 200 Note Today: Reserve Bank of India is introducing new ways to make Transactions flow easier. In order to handle the liquidity issue and to reduce the burden on Rs 100 Note, RBI to Introduce Rs 200 Note Tomorrow.
Introduction of the new Rs 200 Note is done keeping in mind various factors such as to make transactions simple for the common man, replacement of soiled banknotes and to control the need for combating counterfeiting, RBI said earlier in its post.
RBI to Introduce Rs 200 Note Today
Reserve Bank of India will introduce new Notes in Mahatma Gandhi on August 25, having the signature of Governor Dr. Urjit R.Patel. The new denomination will have Motif of Sanchi Stupa at the back. The primary colour of the Note will be bright yellow. Also, Note will have design and geometric shapes that are suitable with the Note.
The main purpose to launch new currency is to reduce the shortage of small currency denomination notes which has faced shortage after the introduction of New Rs 500 and Rs 2000 Notes. This new Rs 200 Note will become very popular as there is no note between Rs 100 and Rs 500.
How will Rs 200 Note look alike?
1. The new Rs 200 Note will be launched in Mahatma Gandhi Series having the signature of RBI Governor, Dr. Urjit Patel.
2. See the register with denominal 200. Also, 200 will be written in Devanagari.
3. Also, it will have a portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at Centre and it consists of Micro letters of ‘RBI’, ‘Bharat’, ‘India’ and ‘200’.
4. The note will have Windowed security thread with inscriptions ‘Bharat’ and RBI with color shift. Here, the colour of thread changes from green to blue as soon as Note is tilted.
5. The note consists of Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right. Also, it will have Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (200) watermarks.
6. Lastly, it has a Number panel with numerals from small to big available on the top left as well as on the bottom right.
1. Firstly, year of printing on the left.
2. It will have Swachh Bharat Logo along with the slogan.
3. Language Panel and Motif of Stupa which represents our Cultural Heritage.
4. Denominal Numeral 200 in Devanagari.
5. The dimension of new note will be 66mm x 146mm.
For Visually Impaired
New Rs 200 will have an intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka pillar emblem, raised identification H along with the micro text ₹200. Lastly, the note has 4 bleed lines along with two circles in between. These lines will be seen on the left and right side of the note.
In the Initial Stage, new Rs 200 note will be issued to several RBI Offices and banks on Friday. However, the notes will not be available at ATMs as machines as they will require recalibration.
Hence, RBI to Introduce Rs 200 Note Tomorrow in order to ease the transactions across the country.