Samsung Kies: For all the people, who don’t know, what is Samsung Kies? Samsung Kies is a very popular software and it is a Software made by Samsung. With the help of this software, you will be able to manage all of your Samsung device’s data without any hassle.
What is Samsung Kies?
The software is used to connect your Samsung device to a PC and manage all of your media, contacts and other data from PC itself.
There are mainly two versions of Samsung Kies
1. Samsung Kies 2.6 – This version is mainly for all the feature phone users and Android versions below 4.3.
2. Samsung Kies 3.2 – For all the versions above 4.3 this version can be used.
How to download Samsung Kies for Windows?
Before you think of Downloading Samsung Kies, please check your Samsung device. As we discussed earlier, there are two versions of Samsung Kies, Kies and Kies 3. Please verify twice before downloading the software. You can simply download Samsung Kies from the official website of Samsung.
Minimum Requirements of PC for Samsung Kies 2.6
- Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8 and Windows 10
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 or Higher
- RAM: 1GB Minimum
- Free Space: 500MB Minimum Screen size
Minimum Software Requirements for Samsung Kies 2.6
- .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 or above
- Windows Media Player 10 or above
- DirectX 9.0C or above
- For Windows Mobile 6 devices, use ActiveSync 4.5(Windows XP)
Or Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1(Windows Vista/7)
- Windows 8 includes Windows Media Player
- All the Windows 8 and Windows 8 KN editions require Microsoft “Media Feature Pack” which contains Windows Media Player and its corresponding support software.
- If currently, you are using Kies with Windows 8 OS, currently all Samsung Android OS and BADA OS devices are only supported.
Minimum System Requirement for Samsung Kies 3.2
- Operating System: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
- CPU: Intel Core i5 3.0 GHz or above
- RAM: 512 MB minimum
- Free Space: 200 MB minimum
- Screen Size: 1024p (32 bit)
Minimum Software requirement for Samsung Kies 3.2
- Windows XP: Windows Media Player 11 or above
- Windows 7, 8 OS N, KN: Windows Media Feature Pack
MAC Requirements for Samsung Kies
- OS: MacOS X version 1-.5 or higher
- CPU: Intel 1.8GHZ or faster processor
- RAM: 512 MB or higher
- Free Space: 100MB or higher
How to install and Connect Samsung device to PC using Samsung Kies?
After you have Downloaded Samsung Kies, you have to install the Software by double clicking on it. As soon as you have completed installation, now you have to connect your PC with Samsung Dies.
There are basically two methods to connect Samsung Kies with Samsung device. They are as follows:
Connect using USB Cable: The best and the easiest way to connect Samsung device with the PC is using USB Cable. For this, you need to plug USB cable from device to PC.
Connect using Wireless Connection: Wireless Connection method is not supportable by all the Samsung devices. In order to use this method, you have to simply click on “Wi-Fi Connection Setup Guide” button which appears on the software as soon as you open it.
How to update Samsung Kies?
Don’t know how to update Samsung Kies? Then follow the simple steps given below:
- First of all, install Samsung Kies on your PC.
- Now, you have to click on “help”.
- Then you have to click on “Check update”. If any update is available then Software will be updated. If the update isn’t available, then you can mark on notify to get the update when it will be available.
How to Transfer Files using Samsung Kies for Computer?
First of all, you have to download Samsung Kies according to your device. Then you need to Connect Samsung Kies with your Samsung device using USB or Wi-Fi.
Now, you will be able to view all the details of a device such as contacts, Music, Photos, Videos, and Podcast in the left side panel. Also, you will be able to view windows on the right screen. Now, you can transfer files from Windows and from your Samsung device to and fro.
How to Backup Data and Restore later?
This feature is very much useful. If your phone is stolen or lost or when your data is lost, at that time you can use this backup file to get your data back.
Samsung Kies provides backup of all the files such as Samsung Contacts, S Planner, messages, music, videos, photos, memo, call logs, preferences and E-mail Accounts into your PC directly.
In order to backup your data, follow the steps given below:
1. First of all, launch Kies software and connect the device with PC using USB Cable.
2. Then go to the “Back up/ Restore” tab then select the data you want to take backup. Also, you can tick “Automatically back up when USB connection is established”.
3. Now, click on “Backup”. Please make sure that your device is connected till the process ends.
4. Then you have to click on “Restore Data”. Then tick selected folder and then find the backup file. Lastly, select your wanted items and then click “Restore”.
How to Sync Samsung Kies with Samsung phone?
Samsung Skies allows you to sync your contacts with Google, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. Also, it allows syncing Schedule and memo with outlook. Also, you can sync music, videos, photos, books, and podcasts with the device simply.
To do this, go to the Sync tab in the Kies and then tick mark all the things that you want to sync and then click on “Sync” available on the top right corner.
Read More: Moto E4 Plus will be Flipkart Exclusive
How to update Samsung device using Skies?
Follow the steps given below:
1. Download the install Samsung Skies into your PC.
2. Connect your PC with Samsung device using Kies.
3. Before updating your device. It is advised to take the backup of your data. Please save all of your data into the PC.
4. Now, you will be able to see your device name on the top left panel of your window. Here, you have to click on device same, for example, GT-S5742. By this, you will be able to view a new window on the right-hand side.
5. Then search for the “Firmware Information” tab. If there are any updates available, then you will view the message as “New Firmware Available”. Then Click on “Firmware update” button.
Then the process will have multiple phases such as
“Download” => “Upgrade” => “Complete”.
6. Lastly, your device will reboot. Then simply click on “OK” message that is shown in Kies. Now, you can disconnect your device from PC.
Thus, the process is completed.
In order to verify that your process is completed, then go to Settings-> About Phone and see the latest Android Version.
Point to Remember
Please note that updates don’t arrive on the Samsung Skies directly. You have to check now and then in order to view whether they arrive or not.
If you are in Hurry
If you don’t want to wait, then you can install the official firmware using Odin. This is not the legitimate way to update the firmware. But, by following our process, you can easily update your device.
Major Benefits of updating Samsung Device
- Able to access all the latest features which are not available in current version.
- Important Security patches to keep your device safe and secure.
- Quicker Hardware as well as software performance along with the best optimization.
The main issue with the OTA updates in Android devices is that they are cumulative which means that, all device receive updates on different time and date. Even if you have latest Samsung Galaxy 8, then also update depends on your region and network carrier.
Most of us, don’t like to wait for the updates. In order to avoid waiting, you can easily update your device using Samsung Odin. Using this software, you will be one step ahead of all the other people.
Most Important Note: Odin is a very dynamic tool, so you should use it carefully. If the software reaches into wrong hands or if you are not careful about which Samsung firmware to use or you don’t know how to use or install it, then it may cause a lot of money. So, before you move further with the process you should read this guide carefully and then implement it.
Read More: Moto X4 Full Specifications leaked
Main Benefits of Samsung Odin
- Odin is very much useful for flashing your stock firmware.
- It is very much useful if you want to update crashing issues in your device.
- Odin also provides best-customized experience. Using Oding you can install Cyanogen and Paranoid Android on various Galaxy devices.
- Apart from this, in order to root your device, you can do this by using TMRP on your Samsung device.
- All the advanced users can use the Odin software in order to use Samsung device for various Expansions.
How to use Odin to flash Samsung firmware update?
Follow the steps given below to update your Samsung device:
1. Download the Extract Samsung Odin to your Computer
First of all, please download the latest version of Odin for your computer. Then Extract and Install the file.
2. Download & Install Samsung Drivers
To firmly assure that your computer is connected to the device or not, you have to install Compatible Drivers as per your model. For this, you have to find the list of Samsung drivers and Install it. You can Download drivers from the below link.
3. Run Odin in Administrative mode
To do this, right click on “Software” and then click “Run as Administrator”.
4. Boost your Samsung Device in Download mode
To do this, first turn off your Samsung device. Then press
Volume Down+ Home + Power until you watch an options screen, where you have to choose. Lastly, place the volume up button for Download mode.
5. Connect Samsung device with PC using USB Cable
As soon as your device gets connected, you will be able to view one ID: COM boxes which will appear yellow and contain a port number in it. If you are not able to view anything like this, then stop, you can’t update your device. Start the procedure again.
6. Upload Firmware in Odin
As soon as your device gets connected with Odin, you have to upload firmware into Odin.
- If there is only one file in firmware, click on the PDA button, browse and select the firmware file such as “tar.nd5”.
- If the Firmware contains more than one file,
– Click on PDA and then select the file name CODE/PDA
– Click on Phone and select file name MODEM
– Click on CSC and select the file with name CSC
7. Install the Firmware in Samsung device
After you have updated the firmware, click on “Start” Button in Odin. Now it will display the time to flash the ROM.
8. Finishing Firmware Flashing Process
During the entire process, your Samsung device will be rebooted several times. As soon as the process gets completed, you will be able to view “PASS” word with green background in Odin.
Lastly, you have to reboot the device. Thus, you are done. Now, your device is ready for use.
Thus, by following the above procedure carefully, you will be able to install the latest firmware on your Samsung device.
Read More: Moto C Plus available with Exchange Offer
The windows error antimalware service executable can be solved using this.